Review: Microsoft Deutsche Partnerkonferenz 2017
Over 2,000 attendees came to Leipzig in October for “Smart World”, the theme of this year’s Microsoft German Partnerkonferenz. Speakers and showcases focused on the implementation of the “Digital Transformation” and its corresponding challenges and opportunities. The Vision Keynotes not only highlighted the diversity of Digitalisierung, but also the culture-shift that Digitalisierung is driving. Bottom line: Collaboration and partnerships are necessary for culture-change and innovation. Microsoft used this conference to motivate partners and remind them that Microsoft continues to be a partner-driven organization. Microsoft is strongly relying on their partner network to push their solutions in the market: especially cloud Solutions.
- This year’s DPK was preceded by an IoT Pre-Day. Attendees spent the day in workshops and discussion groups for developing IoT Solutions.
- Cybersecurity was the main topics of several sessions. Microsoft, as the largest global security provider, presented its own cybersecurity strategy and highlighted the importance of affiliate programs. Speakers used this platform to demonstrate the high level of threat Microsoft faces and the security sophistication customers and partners utilizing Microsoft Cloud Platforms can expect.
- Modern Workplace was showcased in sessions and exhibits as a great opportunity for partners supporting companies that are updating their internal IT-Infrastructure to meet demands from the market and employees. Data-protection, Asset Management, new devices and managed service offerings are only a few of the ways partners can support customers in this changing workplace culture.
- Cloud Solutions - Business Apps and Azure Nutzungs-Szenarien were presented in most sessions as these continue to be focus areas for Microsoft across all Segments
- The EU Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) / EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is top of mind for all companies. Microsoft is encouraging partners to help their customers develop a compliance plan before May 25th, 2018 and highlighted the Microsoft Cloud ensures alignment with DSGVO/GDPR to help customers avoid severe fines.
As the market continues to live the digital transformation, Microsoft is ensuring that their solutions and partners play an integral role. Security measures need to keep up with innovation and we are eager to see how the cultural changes of Digitalisierung create more opportunities for creative IT-strategies for our customers.